Macerich is sharply focused on sustainability as a long-term, fully integrated business approach. Our goal is simple: Create a healthy environment for our employees, tenants, guests and communities and sustain this environment for future generations.
Today we are committed to doing even more — to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions, energy use, water consumption, and waste generation by 10 percent by 2020. For more information click here.
- Our Security Staff uses Segways indoors.
- Many of our retailers now offer shoppers the option of reusable bags.
- We use green cleaning products at our center wherever and whenever possible.
- The center has implemented new lighting protocols that allow us to minimize our energy use and lower our carbon footprint without any impact on the shopping experience.
- We’ve installed energy efficient lighting throughout the common area.
- We have recycling containers in the food court.
- We have implemented mall-wide retailer recycling program. All retailers are able to recycle paper and plastic at a facility near the center.
- Started rooftop replacement program with new HVAC units. The new design is environmentally friendly and the motors use less energy while providing the same cooling and heating capacity.
SummerStage at Danbury Fair - Fireworks, Kids Events & Outdoor Concerts
SummerStage is THE Danbury area's best line-up of family entertainment in July and August. The mall ...