Macerich is sharply focused on sustainability as a long-term, fully integrated business approach. Our goal is simple: Create a healthy environment for our employees, tenants, guests and communities and sustain this environment for future generations.
Today we are committed to doing even more — to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions, energy use, water consumption, and waste generation by 10 percent by 2020. For more information click here.
- Our Security Staff uses Segways indoors.
- Many of our retailers now offer shoppers the option of reusable bags.
- We use green cleaning products at our center wherever and whenever possible.
- The center has implemented new lighting protocols that allow us to minimize our energy use and lower our carbon footprint without any impact on the shopping experience.
- We’ve installed energy efficient lighting throughout the common area.
- We have recycling containers in the food court.
- We have implemented mall-wide retailer recycling program. All retailers are able to recycle paper and plastic at a facility near the center.
- Started rooftop replacement program with new HVAC units. The new design is environmentally friendly and the motors use less energy while providing the same cooling and heating capacity.
Microsoft Store and Contemporary Care present: Make the Call, Start Living Now with Dr. Perera
Join us at the Microsoft Store for a free 2-hour presentation by Dr. Perera, Founder and Clinical Di...
There’s a Sip and Scan at Macy’s
There's a Sip and Scan at Danbury Macy's! Enjoy sweets, sips, and swag bags, plus a meet and greet w...
Looking for a Beauty PICK-ME-UP?
Looking for a Beauty PICK-ME-UP? Stop in for a Soothing hand massage or skin care consult! Feel fre...
Host your own holiday party with SOFT SURROUNDINGS!
Host your own Holiday party with SOFT SURROUNDINGS! Be the Hostess for your friends or associates an...