Macerich is sharply focused on sustainability as a long-term, fully integrated business approach. Our goal is simple: Create a healthy environment for our employees, tenants, guests and communities and sustain this environment for future generations.
Today we are committed to doing even more — to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions, energy use, water consumption, and waste generation by 10 percent by 2020. For more information click here.
What We’re Doing at Danbury Fair
- Our Security Staff uses Segways indoors.
- Many of our retailers now offer shoppers the option of reusable bags.
- We use green cleaning products at our center wherever and whenever possible.
- The center has implemented new lighting protocols that allow us to minimize our energy use and lower our carbon footprint without any impact on the shopping experience.
- We’ve installed energy efficient lighting throughout the common area.
- We have recycling containers in the food court.
- We have implemented mall-wide retailer recycling program. All retailers are able to recycle paper and plastic at a facility near the center.
- Started rooftop replacement program with new HVAC units. The new design is environmentally friendly and the motors use less energy while providing the same cooling and heating capacity.