Macerich is sharply focused on sustainability as a long-term, fully integrated business approach. Our goal is simple: Create a healthy environment for our employees, tenants, guests and communities and sustain this environment for future generations.
Today we are committed to doing even more — to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions, energy use, water consumption, and waste generation by 10 percent by 2020. For more information click here.
- Our Security Staff uses Segways indoors.
- Many of our retailers now offer shoppers the option of reusable bags.
- We use green cleaning products at our center wherever and whenever possible.
- The center has implemented new lighting protocols that allow us to minimize our energy use and lower our carbon footprint without any impact on the shopping experience.
- We’ve installed energy efficient lighting throughout the common area.
- We have recycling containers in the food court.
- We have implemented mall-wide retailer recycling program. All retailers are able to recycle paper and plastic at a facility near the center.
- Started rooftop replacement program with new HVAC units. The new design is environmentally friendly and the motors use less energy while providing the same cooling and heating capacity.
Arhaus Warehouse Sale
Shop Arhaus Furniture's Warehouse Sale and save up to 60% on some of your favorite Arhaus designs. ...
Learn What it's Like to Bring a Furry Friend to Life as a Build-A-Bear Bear Builder!
Bear Builder University at Build-A-Bear Workshop is a hands-on, one-of-a-kind experience that lets k...
Minecon Live Party
MINECON LIVE PARTY Join us at Microsoft Store at Danbury Fair to celebrate our Official MINECON Live...
Club Justice Days of Thank You
Sunday, September 29, get ready for a fun activity and freebie for her! 40% off* your entire merchan...
Save-A-Suit Fundraiser at Chipotle
Make dinner a selfless act by joining us for a fundraiser to support Save-A-Suit. Come in to Chipotl...
Danbury College and Vocational Fair
Representatives from more than 200 two-year and four-year colleges, nursing schools, business school...