The Retail Sales Associate is responsible for providing a shopping experience that will make the customer feel welcome and comfortable though outstanding customer service, meeting hourly sales and loyalty goals on a personal and departmental basis, and demonstrating superior product knowledge to customers.
- Acknowledge customers in a friendly and helpful manner within 30 seconds of their entry into the area
- Handle all returns courteously and professionally
- Determine customer needs based on personal features and other customer preference related factors
- Demonstrate knowledge of store products and services to build sales and minimize returns
- Suggest additional merchandise to compliment customer selection
- Offer to call other locations if merchandise is unavailable within store
- Offer to put purchase on customer’s Macy’s charge account toward the end of the shopping experience
- Reinforce customer’s selection and package merchandise with care
- Invite customers to come back and thank them by name whenever possible
- Responsible for achieving personal sales goals and Star Reward goals
- Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting Macy’s commitment to our customer-the most important person in our stores
- Be knowledgeable of and perform sales support functions related to point of sale procedures
- Develop product knowledge by reading current vendor tags and pamphlets and attending training classes in order to communicate it to the customer
- Be aware of current promotional events and sales
- Maintain good housekeeping standards
- Adhere to Loss Prevention and inventory control and compliance procedures
- Perform other duties as needed
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
Education/Experience:No specific educational accomplishment is required. No experience is required.
Language Skills:Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively communicate with customers, peers, and management. Able to communicate on the telephone with proper etiquette.
Mathematical Skills:Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Able to use a calculator. Must be able to calculate percentages and ratios. Must be able to make change using American monetary units.
Reasoning Ability:Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Physical Demands: This position requires constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, and standing. Must be able to stand for at least two consecutive hours. Must be able to lift at least 30 lbs. May occasionally be required to stoop, kneel,crouch, and climb ladders. Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Other Skills: Must be able to function as part of a team. Possess a strong sense of urgency. Must enjoy meeting and interacting with customers. Possess athirst for learning.
Working Conditions: Reasonable accommodations have been made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Work generally occurs in a retail store environment with moderate temperature and noise level.
Work Hours: Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
This job description is not all-inclusive. Additionally, Macy's reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's is an Equal Opportunity Employer,committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.