The Cosmetic Sales Associate is responsible for providingprofessional service to customers by selling and demonstrating cosmetics andrelated items, as well as contributing to the success contributing to thesuccess of the department through achieving personal sales goals.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acknowledge customers in a friendly and helpful manner within 30 seconds of their entry into the area
- Handle all returns courteously and professionally
- Sell cosmetics and related merchandise according to customer service techniques and professional selling skills
- Determine customer needs based on personal features and other customer preference related factors
- Explain and demonstrate use of cosmetics through actual application
- Responsible for achieving personal sales goals
- Use clientele program to maintain customer profile and contact information to increase personal sales
- Be knowledgeable of and perform sales support functions related to POS procedures
- Alert Cosmetic Counter Manager or Cosmetic Sales Manager of inventory and other inaccuracies
- Attend product training classes and seminars
- Ensure proper presentation, organization, storing, and replenishment of stock
- Participate in pre-selling and sales driving events to maximize sales
- Ensure timely processing of new receipts, damages, testers, and return to vendors (RTVs)
- Maintain good housekeeping standards
- Ensure work area is free from hazards and work in a safe manner
- Adhere to Loss Prevention control and compliance procedures
- Be in compliance with all hygiene standards
- Perform other duties as needed
Education/Experience: High School Diploma orequivalent. Previous selling experience is required, preferably incosmetics.
Language Skills: Ability to read, write, andinterpret labels including warnings and ingredient lists on products. Ability to effectively communicate with customers, peers, and management.
Mathematical Skills: Basic math functions such asaddition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Able to use acalculator. Must be able to calculate percentages and ratios.
Mustbe able to make change using American monetary units.
Reasoning Ability: Must be able to work independently withminimal supervision.
Physical Demands: This position requires constantmoving, talking, hearing, reaching, and standing. Must be able to stand forat least two consecutive hours. Must be able to lift at least 30 lbs. May occasionally be required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb ladders. Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception,and ability to adjust focus.
Other skills: Superior organizational and timemanagement skills. Must be able to multi-task in a fast-pacedenvironment. Must be able to build relationships and influence others. Must possess a thirst for knowledge.
Working Conditions: Reasonable accommodations havebeen made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential jobfunctions. Work generally occurs in a retail store environment withmoderate temperature and noise level.